Guide to Selecting the Best AC for Your Home
Purchasing a new air conditioner for your home gives you the opportunity to enjoy all the comfort-enhancing advancements the HVAC industry has made over the last few years. Whether it’s a traditional air conditioner or a mini-split heat pump, cooling systems are available with a wide array of high-tech options, from self-adjusting operation to Wi-Fi controls.
Types of Air Conditioning Systems
When it comes to suitability for residential units in Cook and Lake Counties, split AC systems are the most popular option. These highly efficient systems consist of an indoor fan-and-coil system and an outdoor unit for the condenser and compressor. Other options for cooling your home include:
- Package systems that house all the equipment in a single outdoor unit.
- Heat pumps equipped with a reverse-operation valve to provide both cooling and heating.
- Mini-split systems that supply conditioned air without ductwork.
Every air conditioner is labeled with a seasonal energy efficiency rating (SEER) so that you can easily compare efficiencies of various products. The higher the SEER rating, the less energy the system needs to consume to keep you cool and comfortable.
When purchasing a new cooling system, the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory recommends looking for features that increase its overall efficiency and suitability. Features that increase efficiency include:
- Two-Stage Cooling. Air conditioners with two-stage compressors run at full power when cooling demands are high and save you money by operating at a low setting the rest of the time.
- Variable-Speed Blowers. This feature lets the AC deliver air more slowly when less cooling is needed, resulting in energy savings and fewer uncomfortable swings in temperature.
- Smart Control Systems. Innovative control systems automatically adjust AC operation to maintain your ideal temperature at different times of the day.
At Assurance Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. we make purchasing a new AC system affordable, with ongoing specials and financing options. To learn more about cooling systems guaranteed to improve your life at home, explore our extensive range of high-efficiency air conditioning systems or call 847-388-0316.
You May Also Like
In a central air conditioning system, the cold chemical refrigerant flows through the evaporator coil. The refrigerant absorbs heat from your home’s… Continue Reading Looking to Replace Your Air Conditioner’s Evaporator Coil?…
Proper ventilation is essential to maintain good indoor air quality for you and your family in Buffalo Grove, Illinois, and the surrounding… Continue Reading Ventilation is a Key Component for Healthy Indoor Air…
You’re busy and keeping track of the temperature settings on your Buffalo Grove, IL home’s thermostat isn’t at the top of your… Continue Reading Experience the Convenience of Using a Wi-Fi Thermostat…